I would like to know if anyone knows how to handle this issue: We were scheduled on a flight from Cinci to Salt Lake City and our flight coming into Cinci was delayed due to a mechanical issue. We were told in Cinci that we would not make our connecting flight in Salt Lake and no rooms were available and we could stay there and they would get us a room. That is where we are from and we really needed to be in Oregon for an event the next day. We waited for the plane to arrive, boarded and the pilot apologized stating that there was a nose gear issue and nitrogen gas had to be put in the shocks. He also stated that once that was done they were required to wait 2 hours before they could take off. We did land in Salt Lake too late for our connecting flight. We were again told no rooms were available and we would have to stay in the terminal. We were able to locate a room and it also was at the same hotel as the pilot of our plane. He rode over to the hotel with us in the shuttle and again he apologized about the delay and gave the same reason. We already pre-paid for a hotel room in Oregon and were not able to get a refund. I contacted Delta's help line via e-mail and in about 5 days received a response stating that they were very sorry for our inconvenience but since it was a "weather" delay, we were not entitled to any reimbursement from them. I again responded to them stating that it was not weather related. I would have no knowledge about the technical issue that was told to us by the pilot and requested again to have our flights and room reimbursed. Again, they emailed back stating it was weather related. We did arrive in Oregon the next afternoon but was very late for the event we went for. How do I go about getting this corrected? I asked for a phone number and a supervisor's name 4 days ago but have not had a response.