Delta fined for fare ad violation

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by WilliamQ, Jul 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-News/Airline-News/Delta-fined-for-fare-ad-violation/

http://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-News/Airline-News/Delta-fined-for-fare-ad-violation/

Flyer1976 and Newscience like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    And they couldn't get themselves to just do the right (and simple) thing and display the actual roundtrip price?

Flyer1976, blackjack-21 and WilliamQ like this.
  3. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    But.... that will look twice as expensive... and probably gets half the click through. :)
    Still, it is a relatively small "mistake" (speaking as a victim of this exact issue) and I can only complaint about a few minutes wasted at most.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know if they don't realize that many people just don't like to be tricked by such artificially low (and fake if asterisk is not noticed) prices. I guess they don't care.

5. Delta Points
    Original Member

Delta Points Silver Member

Status Points:
    Then there is this!

Attached Files:

WilliamQ likes this.
  6. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    If the Business Trips are referring to those expensive, last minute, Business class, "overpriced" tickets, it is probably true.
    They just failed to mentioned that most others will suffer a (huge) cut in potential earnings.

On the other hand, one can also say that existing miles will be appreciating in value since new miles are earned in smaller amounts
    (on the assumption that the bulk of the travellers losses from 2015 vs the smaller group that gained)

That is how I console myself anyway. With lesser liabilities on the books, there should be lesser pressure to raise redemption rates...

Delta Points likes this.