Delta Expands Service at Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by DeltaExpert, Mar 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    The new and expanded Los Angeles service between the following cities (start dates) includes:

• New daily service to Nashville and three daily flights to Seattle (April 8)
    • New intra-West service to two markets: San Jose, Calif. with four daily flights (July 1) and Spokane, Wash. with one daily flight (June 10)
    • New summer seasonal service to three markets: Boston will operate daily (June 10), Anchorage, Alaska will operate three times weekly Friday-Sunday (June 21) and Bozeman, Mont. will operate Saturday only service (June 22)
    • New Central America service to San Jose, Costa Rica (July 1)
    • Expanding current intra-West service with one additional flight to Oakland, Calif., Phoenix and Sacramento, Calif. for a total of five (June 10)
    • Service to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico will increase frequency from Saturday only to daily (July 1) and one additional Saturday flight will be added to Guadalajara, Mexico (July 6)
    • Expanding service to New Orleans with one additional flight for a total of three daily (Sept. 4)
    • Full flat-bed seating in BusinessElite on four of the seven flights to New York-JFK this summer
    • Upgrading Las Vegas aircraft to six daily mainline flights in June
    "Los Angeles boasts a strong domestic revenue market and we are committed to building a network that supports customer demand both locally and around the globe," said Bob Cortelyou Delta's senior vice president – Network Planning. "Our new service, combined with our domestic and international partners, positions Delta to be Los Angeles' preferred carrier."

By summer, Delta will operate 118 peak-day departures to 40 nonstop destinations, including Sydney and Tokyo, from Los Angeles. All Los Angeles service offers customers the option of first class, Economy Comfort or economy seating, along with in-flight Wi-Fi.

2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    ...and still no Denver service.

3. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    but no expanded award availability :D

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    All LAX service offers FC and GoGo? I don't think so, for example, to SYD, NRT, HND,....DL doesn't offer IFC, only BE, and international aircraft don't yet have WiFi.

5. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    FC = BE I don't have an issue with that statement at all. They're clearly talking about domestic flights.

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why are they clearly talking about domestic flights? The preceding sentence mentions Sydney and Tokyo? FC and BE are not at all the same; even the inventory codes and fare classes are completely different.

7. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting as they code-share a lot of intra west-coast flights with Alaska. This will be interesting to see intheir relationship with them.

skyvan likes this.
  8. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    And the club will be even more crowded!!

skyvan likes this.
  9. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was thinking the same thing...though there are a still a bunch of places AS goes on ex LAX that DL doesn't touch. Also it's important to remember that they are not allowed to coordinate schedules.

10. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why can't they co-ordinate? Part of code share regulation or something? Just curious.

11. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree. It would be nice if DL would re-instate FC internationally. Esp as to be able to get awards. Also, C fare bucket tickets are just about as much as IFC anyway.

Dave

12. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would love to be able to claim aspirational awards on partners that offer IFC. I'd be willing to spend a lot more miles than for business class, so it would be a way for DL to get a lot of redeemable miles off the books.

13. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it really true that there are no CRJ-100s or CRJ-200s flying to/from LAX by any DL Connection carrier? That's surprising. (Note the statement that all DL flights at LAX offer FC.)

14. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think SAN-LAX was the primary one-cabin RJ service at LAX, and they seem to be all two-cabin now, so likely true.

15. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    So few DL partners offer IFC that it doesn't really matter.

autolycus likes this.
  16. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know AF and KE do, but doesn't AF only offer F award space to their own elite flyers anyway (i.e. to no partners and only to elites within Flying Blue)? Who else in SkyTeam even has an IFC?

17. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    I flew SAC-LAX last summer on a CTT2 and a quick check seems to not show any CTT1 or 2.

18. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    As pointed out KE has an IFC. Saudia Airlines does also.

Dave

autolycus likes this.
  19. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    True.

KE has IFC too and AFAIK anyone can redeem it with KE miles; no elite status required.

autolycus likes this.
  20. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does DL serve places like Santa Barbara from LAX? There used to be tiny planes into there from SFO.