Delta-Emiles Done

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by DTWBOB, Dec 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not the best way to earn miles, but as of 1/1/2013 Delta is going over a cliff and ending it's relationship with E-miles.

To avoid going over that cliff with them, e-miles should be moved over before 2012 becomes history.

DTWBOB

Paolo Scuri likes this.
  2. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got a source for this or any more information? I have a balance of 365 right now. I guess I'll look through some of the offers to see if there are any in the 100 pt range worth acting on so I can cash out 500. Probably won't be. Boohoo!

Also, word on any other airlines leaving e-miles?

ETA: Just got the email for my e-miles account. They should have allowed us to cash out less than 500 miles.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  3. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    You got the same message I did, there's a link .... but it doesn't tell you much. The other choice would be to beef up the account in the next week or so to the 500 mark, but I don't recommend spending much time doing that -- after all at a penny a mile you're only talking about 5 bucks.

DTWBOB

4. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, that's the conclusion I came to. I had some offers there, but I don't think any of them are worth the effort. If there was a good charity offer, I might have made a small donation, but I don't even have any of those right now. Oh well. 365 potential miles are hardly worth crying over.

I still think they should have offered to let people do a one-time transfer of less than 500 miles.