Delta Economy Comfort Access Changes?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by afchief777, Jan 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. afchief777

afchief777 Member

Status Points:
    I recently discovered Delta has changed its rules for accessing EC seats. I'm a Diamond Medallion member and in the past I could access EC seats at any time prior to travel. It appears the EC seats are now only accessible after actual ticketing. For me, that's a problem since my company usually makes reserverations weeks in advance but only purchases the tickets 72 hours prior. I may be one of few impacted by this but it irks me that Delta pushed thru yet another change to the program and didn't notify it's "members" and, unless I missed it completely, didn't publish this change very well. Did I miss the boat on this change?

2. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    New to me..how does your company manage to keep the reservation on hold so long!

3. afchief777

afchief777 Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure...it's done with our travel department/agency. Before, I was able to secure the EC seats and United allows access to Economy Plus without purchasing the tickets.

4. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    Upgrades don't clear until the reservation is ticketed - in all honesty, I can't see any reason that the same should not apply to EC.

Your company must have a really talented travel negotiator.

David

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    EC is not an upgrade, it's just a special seat. The analogy would be whether we can reserve, for example exit row or even ordinary premium, seats before ticketing.

Upgrades definitely are not supposed to clear before the ticket has been issued. IME when they do by mistake, delta.dumb tries to rebook and ticket the reservation as paid FC, which can then cause real trouble. Correcting this and changing it back to a coach fare means losing the upgrade.