Delta e-mail - corrupt html

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Gargoyle, Jan 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Does anyone else get e-mails from DL with corrupt e-mail, causing it to not format or display legibly? I've had this going on for perhaps a year, maybe 25% of the e-mails I get from them. I've tried contacting them about it with no response. I use Eudora (popmail) but I can also access my mail with a webmail interface, and it is the same in each one. It seems they miss some table tags or they are using some proprietary HTML that isn't parsing correctly.

I note "3D" is all over the place in the html, maybe that is a misinterpreted bit of unicode? If I peel that out of the source the display improves, but it doesn't fully fix it.
    HTML:
    <table width=3D"100%" border=3D"0" cellspacing=3D"0" cellpadding=3D"0">
    Here's an example of what it looks like when I receive it:

delta-email-corrupt.jpg

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Strange...no issues in gmail (IE or Mozilla)

3. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    No problems with yahoo mail received via current versions of Thunderbird and Firefox.

DTWBOB

4. cometsgirl

cometsgirl Active Member

Status Points:
    I have had the same problem with Delta. Months ago they told me to change my profile to receive email as text, but that did not resolve the problem. I'm still receiving Delta garbage. My sense is Delta is using a newer version of HTML which Eudora does not support. I would really love to get this issue resolved.

Gargoyle likes this.
  5. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    That's exactly what I think, they're using some HTML code that isn't fully supported. I don't have that issue with any other HTML e-mail from anyone else (including, sadly, the stuff from spammers).

6. cometsgirl

cometsgirl Active Member

Status Points:
    A year later and I still have the same problem. Just tried to work with Delta web support to no avail. Have you found a solution?

Gargoyle likes this.
  7. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    No. Here's some info I got in another discussion group (one for people using Eudora as their mail client).

And from Wikipedia:

Quoted-Printable, or QP encoding, is an encoding using printable ASCII characters (alphanumeric and the equals sign "=") to transmit 8-bit data over a 7-bit data path or, generally, over a medium which is not 8-bit clean. It is defined as a MIME content transfer encoding for use in e-mail.​
    QP works by using the equals sign "=" as an escape character. It also limits line length to 76, as some software has limits on line length.​