Delta customers to benefit from new employee training, technology, seasonal hiring

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by sobore, Jun 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.traveldailynews.com/page...mployee-training,-technology,-seasonal-hiring

This summer, Delta Air Lines has deployed more than 1,300 Red Coats at airports worldwide, added hundreds of additional customer service agents on the ground and on the phones and rolled out new technology to make travel on Delta easier. Delta will serve 46 million customers across more than 500,000 flights around the world during this peak travel season.

Delta's more than 1,300 Red Coat airport customer service agents and their supervisors recently completed a two-day workshop on creative ways to solve occasional travel disruptions for customers. During the training, employees also learned to harness new technology to assist customers when their flight schedule does not go according to plan. Delta's Red Coats now serve customers at nearly 100 airports worldwide.

Hundreds of additional seasonal hires at Delta's hub airports in the U.S. and permanent hires at U.S. Reservation Sales centers have been added to Delta's ranks to support a reliable operation and a positive travel experience for customers.

Read More: http://www.traveldailynews.com/page...mployee-training,-technology,-seasonal-hiring

2. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will certainly sleep better knowing this.

3. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is all well and good, but I'd rather they hire people to fix their blasted online award system. I'd also rather they train their SkyPesos phone agents. But that would assume they have any desire to fix either of them, which I doubt.

4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder how much that will devalue skyeuros next year...I mean skypesos.....:oops:

marcwint55 and USAF_Pride like this.
  5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    now if they could only improve the flight attendants.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  6. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    SkyDrachmas?

LETTERBOY and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  7. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    i like how that sounds!!

LETTERBOY likes this.
  8. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    What about SkyRubles? Or SkyRupees? Or SkyZimbabweanDollars?

TravelerRob and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  9. thetravelanalyst

thetravelanalyst Silver Member

Status Points:
    I personally think the SkyMIles site needs an overhaul. It's impossible to find answers to my questions there.

10. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree -- the first person some one will see when they have a problem with their flight is some one so new that....

<lol>

DTWBOB

11. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    Chuckle.

SC Flier likes this.
  12. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Let me translate the JeffSpeak into its real equivalent, using the Sharkinator....

--------
    "This summer, Delta Air Lines has deployed more than 1,300 Red Coats at airports worldwide, added hundreds of additional customer service agents on the ground and on the phones and rolled out new technology to make travel on Delta easier. For DL nonrevs and Shena, that is. Delta will serve 46 million customers across more than 500,000 flights around the world during this peak travel season. Many of these customers will express rage, frustration and disappointment at the numerous service shortfalls. Many of the F seats will be occupied by Ms. Shena N. Igans. But as Katy Perry sings, O well...

Delta's more than 1,300 Red Coat airport customer service agents and their supervisors recently completed a two-day workshop on creative ways to create occasional travel disruptions for customers. During the training, employees also learned to harness new technology to resist unreasonable customer demands when their flight schedule does not go according to plan. DL.COM and the SM award tool were singled out for praise for their core role in improving company performance, by frustrating and denying SM customers their redemptions in accord with stated conditions. This technology has been ably abetted by the actions of DL's well-trained CSRs who continue to deny that AZ is an SM partner, that KLM flies to AMS, and that AF O inventory corresponds to upgrade availability for customers who purchase W class tickets.

Meantime, Delta's Red Coats now serve customers at nearly 100 airports worldwide, protecting GAs who board Shena each and every day at LAX, SLC, MSP, JFK and ATL and rebooting the upgrade standby list one minute after door closure.

Hundreds of additional seasonal hires at Delta's hub airports in the U.S. and permanent hires at U.S. Reservation Sales centers have been added to Delta's ranks to support a reliable operation and ensure a positive travel experience for employees and management."

Read More: http://www.traveldailynews.com/page...mployee-training,-technology,-seasonal-hiring[/quote]

-----------------------------

daemon14 likes this.