Delta Constantly Changing Schedule?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by websteth, Sep 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. websteth

websteth Silver Member

Status Points:
    So lately, it seems that no matter what flight I book, I am always getting a schedule change notice from Delta and in the case this morning, my flight home for Christmas is now an hour earlier than I originally booked. In June when I was in Philadelphia, my flight back out changed 6 times in the three days I was there. Anyone else seeing issues like this?

2. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am seeing this too. I have had almost all of my trips sched changed recently. However, I do expect it as I usually book several months out, especially on award tickets.

3. websteth

websteth Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess that makes sense as I do book several months out but man is it annoying.

4. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    FYI, don't think of schedule changes as a bad thing. If they change enough, you can get rescheduled to a different flight that may be more to your liking!

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  5. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    6 times in three days is a lot -- for flights booked several months in advance a change or two is not unusual and it may be a sign you're not buying your tickets at the optimum point of time.

DTWBOB

6. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    A lot of the changes I have seen are flight numbers.

7. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here are the current rules from DL.com

8. N670DN
    Original Member

N670DN Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I've booked a couple months out I've seen at most 3-4 changes for one flight, but nothing was last minute. Biggest time change (other than when one section was removed and I was moved to another flight) was 35 moving earlier.

9. websteth

websteth Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad I'm not the only one. I have no problem when the change is several months out. I do have a problem when I am mid trip and my connection goes from 1.5 hours to 30 minutes between flights in Memphis.

10. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    One thing that bothers me a lot about their "Your Delta itinerary has changed" notices is that they really don't tell you what changed. Yes, the segment(s) in question is in boldface but that ENTIRE segment is shown that way. Sometimes it's just a 2 minute change on the arrival time yet I have to compare line by line to find the difference. Why don't they bold just the arrival time if that's the only thing that's changed? Not to mention sometimes the entire itinerary is bold... that makes it even more fun!

travelinmike33 likes this.
  11. websteth

websteth Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is one of the issues I have with these emails.

traveller99 likes this.
  12. SCDiver

SCDiver New Member

Status Points:
    I booked a trip to FL, 6 months in advance, and I think the flight number was the only change I got. I was expecting more than one change notice, but only got the one.