Delta Blocks First-Class Seat Chart for Coach/Up Passengers?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by AMPfromBNA, Jun 5, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. AMPfromBNA

AMPfromBNA Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello all! Lately, I've noticed when I'm looking at my upcoming flight seat charts via my computer, it does not show me open seats in FC. As a DM, I've always seen the open seats, presumably because I had an upgrade waitlisted.

What is odd is that I have an upcoming TCON flight that I used a DM SWU. That flight shows up twice when I click "Change seats". The first just shows the FC seats, the second just shows the coach seats.Also of interest, my iPhone app does show the FC availability for all of my upcoming flights.

Is Delta trying to hide the FC availability?.... or at least make it harder to find (I could always still do a fare search for FC and click view seats, but thats a lot more work).

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    Newscience likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    IME if you are looking to change seats on an existing reservation it shows only seats you can select based on what you've paid for. If you're searching anew it will show the whole plane.

On UA the change seats option shows everything with the caveat that you can pay to upgrade once booked.

3. AMPfromBNA

AMPfromBNA Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm 99.99% this always showed for me on DL, as DM waitlisted for the upgrade. I used to be able to watch my odds of clearing the upgrade based on how many seats there were in FC.

Now, they all appear blocked when viewed through the reservation via the website. The app (for now) still shows the seat availability through the reservation.

Gargoyle likes this.
  4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It's an enhancement, because they did a survey and found this is what their customers want.

:eek::mad::rolleyes:

bigx0 likes this.
  5. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why would the Borg bother with a survey? They know very well what's * mejor en su clase * and so will you.