Delta begins mainline service in Shreveport again

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by WilliamQ, Jul 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...elta-begins-mainline-service-Shreveport-again

[​IMG]
    Delta's new 717 aircraft receives a water salute at Shreveport Regional Airport on Wednesday. / Courtesy Photo

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...elta-begins-mainline-service-Shreveport-again

Flyer1976 likes this.
  2. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have consistently heard that the CRJ200s were relatively expensive to operate. I would love to know the difference between one of them and this bird. As the 717s come into the fleet, I suspect we will see more of these back to mainline flights. I myself will be on a DL B717-200 for the first time today, MEM - ATL.

WilliamQ and Flyer1976 like this.
  3. MJonTravel
    Original Member

MJonTravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't seen the numbers lately, but on a seat mile basis, 50 seat jets have unattractive costs, especially with jet fuel at current prices. Got my first DL 717 experience a week ago and was happy happy. :) Upgrade cleared so unsure how Y cabin compares, but can't imagine anything worse than a CRJ200.

Flyer1976 and Davescj like this.
  4. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tend to think you are right - nothing can be worse than a CRJ 200. I would imagine (based on my experience on AA and comments in other threads) that Y is like any other MD problem.

MJonTravel and Flyer1976 like this.
  5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Economy on the 717s and MDs is pretty nice if you're in the row with two seats. ;)

MJonTravel and Davescj like this.