Delta Award to India Business Class

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by marchi, Mar 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. marchi

marchi Active Member

Status Points:
    We will be travelling to India in December and want to use miles for business class tickets. There will be 3 adults travelling. Is 280,000 miles per ticket reasonable for this time of year? Is February better for lower miles? What is best route from Seattle to Mumbai and back from Delhi to Seattle? I would like lie flat seats. Korean is a skytrax 4 star airline and I would like to fly to Mumbai there and AF back. Any other suggestions?

2. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    280K miles is too much.. if you are not set on the airlines, try searching for seats on aeroflot

3. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    You'll probably have to fight DL to route you via the Pacific on KE. If you do get them to do it, be prepared for them to insist on you doing it both ways or you'll have to pay for a RTW award according to some reports. (Although your 280K is the RTW J price, actually. If you're going to pay that much, I'd be sure to stop over in Seoul and Paris since you should be allowed at least three stopovers on the RTW.)

I'd spend some time bonding with the Flying Blue engine. There are a couple threads around here on using it, one recent one on newbie award help and a definitive guide to SkyMiles awards. Out of SEA, don't restrict yourself to taking only a long-haul flight across the ocean straight away. Look for award space out of any AF/KL gateway that you can get to on Alaska, and then look for AS super saver award space on alaskaair.com. You can book that through DL.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Be sure to check the KE award blackout dates, which cover about five months of the year. I think some weeks around Christmas, New Year, and Chinese New Year are included, as well as most of the summer.