Delta award rebate question

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by Exiled in Express, Mar 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    I really want to make use of the 2500 mile rebate on Delta awards. Does the award have to be entirely on Delta metal or would a Alaska+Delta award qualify for the promotion?

the terms state:
    To qualify for the 2500 Bonus Miles, simply book a Mileage Plan award ticket between now and March 31, 2011, using Delta Air Lines, and complete travel by February 20, 2012.

It should be easy enough to get at least one DL segment in there but Skypesos availabilty discourages me from even searching for an all DL award.

2. beckoa
    Original Member

beckoa Gold Member

Status Points:
    AS and DL should work fine... just need DL metal involved.

Where are you trying to fly to

3. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I have several ideas in mind. I have a known trip to Fortress Cincinnati and also eastern PA for Thanksgiving. It is really what I can make fit at low redemption. I also have been told I need to visit ANC and the pANCkers at some point and miles seems to be the way to go. :D

jackal likes this.
  4. beckoa
    Original Member

beckoa Gold Member

Status Points:
    Especially if you add a flight to a pricier city such as BRW, SCC or ADK :p

One thing to consider is you will be stuck with a 25 dollar partner fee if you do choose to redeem on DL vs. all AS metal.

5. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is kind of ironic that we have to pay $25 to get the 2,500 miles discount :confused:

Well I guess for international redemptions it makes no difference since we have to use a partner...

6. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Status Points:
    After this weekend's basketball antics I decided to make a trip to Lexington for the (hopeful) celebration with some UK friends. Plenty of Delta availability under a week out. :) $850 ticket for 22.5k miles and $33.

jackal and Golfingboy like this.