Delta avoiding credit for partner flights- deliberate policy?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Gargoyle, Jul 17, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I've had about a half dozen partner segments this year (AZ, AF, KL), all booked on 006 stock and purchased while logged into Delta.com, so my Skymiles number is in the reservation from the beginning. Every time I've waited 10 or 12 days, but the segment doesn't post. I then file a request for credit and I'm quickly credited. Each time their template response says that "at the time of your next reservation, you can expedite the posting of your mileage by providing your Sky Miles number to the airline representative." That sounds like an attempt to blame me for the miles/mqm's not posting. However, with every flight I've confirmed with the gate agent that my number is listed, and I've checked the boarding pass to ensure the number is shown there.

Am I the only one seeing this, or is it wide spread? Have you personally experienced it? I'm thinking this is a deliberate policy, to not credit the miles/MQM's unless the customer notices and asks. By so doing DL can save millions of miles, at no expense other than violating customer trust and not keeping their word.

There is a lot I love and respect about Delta, but that doesn't include how they manage Skymiles. It gives them a big black eye.

2. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    You know, I think it is deliberate. Technology advances, not regresses. In the past, delta.com showed miles posted as you were airborne ( started checking ever since they provided wifi)

But now, they are even disputing segments even when I've bought them on 006 number. Lucky for me, I've never deleted old email confirmations from the time they introduced the service.

I think delta.com is moving backward.

newbluesea and Gargoyle like this.
  3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    It hard not being able to come to the conclusion that Delta has no interest in keeping the Skymiles program. One has to wonder if the strategy is to just frustrate members so that when they finally eliminate the program people will just sigh in relief.:rolleyes:

anileze and Gargoyle like this.
  4. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes. They are going to gut it.

Delta has to deal with people like us, who now have no incentive with new enhancements, and fall back to our lifelong gold/platinum status. I think the changes in award travel were the last straw for me.

Pizzaman, Gargoyle and newbluesea like this.
  5. pkazim

pkazim Active Member

Status Points:
    Delta also refuses to recognize my Aeromexico ff number. Air France, KLM, Czech Airlines so far no trouble. Delta says my name is wrong. I have spoken with Delta employees during several layoversmand on the phone, no help.

anileze and Gargoyle like this.
  6. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Do you have a middle initial included with your name? Delta's database has significant problems with middle initials, they don't know what to do with them. They usually squish mine onto the end of my first name.

I think they didn't have enough money to buy another field (for middle name/initial) for their customer database.

anileze likes this.
  7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wouldn't the partner have to pay Delta for the miles?

anileze likes this.
  8. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is nothing I love and respect about DL, but otherwise, we are fully agreed :)

Gargoyle likes this.
  9. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    front line personnel are great. They work hard to accommodate me during irrops. And Mrs G., who is an FO, just got upgraded on both segments of an ORD-JFK RT.

traveller99 likes this.