Delta Airlines baggage handler arrested in LAX theft case

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by sobore, Feb 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/02/delta-airlines-baggage-handler-arrested.html

A baggage handler and a former baggage handler for Delta Airlines were arrested Thursday on suspicion of stealing tens of thousands of dollars in cash and property from passengers' luggage at Los Angeles International Airport, law enforcement authorities told The Times.

Los Angeles Police Department and LAX officers served search warrants early Thursday at the two men's homes and allegedly seized more than $100,000 in cash and stolen property, authorities said.

The men were taken into custody after the officers swept down on the South Los Angeles homes. The officers are part of a task force targeting criminal operations at the busy airport.

uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why would anyone in their right mind, leave cash in a checked bag....

DTWBOB

LETTERBOY, uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    That seems to be a re-occurring mystery. There never seems to be an end to the stories regarding lost medication, expensive jewelry and cash.
    When it comes to checking baggage I limit my loss to $60 in clothing and toiletries.

4. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    JFK TSA just got caught taking $5,000 out of a pocket of a coat on an x-ray machine, so I am not sure anywhere is safe. With these highly reputable persons being "the front line", I am not sure if the bad guys couldn't just buy them off!!

5. Handleman20

Handleman20 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dang, I always wondered what happened to my large briefcase full of non-sequential unmarked bills!

LETTERBOY and kyunbit like this.
  6. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    \same here