Delta Air Lines Takes On the Paulding Airport

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by gregm, Oct 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Something else from "the fool". I'll post the link and the entire article. (Seems you have to give an email addy to read it on fool.com.)

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/10/09/delta-air-lines-takes-on-the-paulding-airport.aspx

or:

By Alexander MacLennan

Airlines look to build route networks that involve dominant presences in certain airports. By offering significantly more options than their rivals, carriers can charge more for service and become the default choice of airline for that region's passengers. But a battle is shaping up over the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, and the carrier calling Atlanta home is looking to defend it.

Important airport
    As the world's largest airport, Hartsfield-Jackson more than serves the needs of the Southeast region, at least according to Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL ) . As the largest carrier at this mega-airport, Delta wants traffic for the Atlanta area to flow through the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport.

...Read More

DiverDave likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Would Paulding be closer to Buckhead than ATL is, in miles or time?

3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope delta loses this one, competition needs to be increasing not be held back.

4. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Much longer drive from Buckhead. You are going west of Cobb County for this new airport option. Southwest is also not in favor of this, and the only carriers that I could really see doing anything with this airport are Frontier and Allegiant.