Delta Air Lines Service Recovery Survey

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by rwoman, Jul 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Everyone,

I've received several surveys recently (Y and F/J travel).

Today, I received a survey for my ATL-LHR (OpUp to BE after I'd boarded and taken my EC seat) this past Tuesday, titled "Delta Air Lines Service Recovery Survey" asking questions about the delay, if it was communicated, and whether or not I'd recommend DL in the future.

We were delayed less than an hour departing in order for MX to address a Y seat issue somewhere in the back half of the plane. Arrival was about 45 minutes later than scheduled, so not too bad IMO.

The Purser did a very good job communicating the delay and the GA apologized to the whole plane as they deplaned once the problem was fixed. I did not think it was that big of a deal...hence, the survey surprised me.

Anyone else get these?
    :)

jrp2 likes this.
  2. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I get those "how was your flight" surveys often but never got one for MX issues.

rwoman likes this.
  3. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    I get them on almost every flight. Unfortunately, 60% of the questions are N/A.

daemon14, icurhere2 and rwoman like this.
  4. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received one earlier in the week for my multiple hour delay from LGA-ATL on Sunday. I gave a mixed response. I know they couldn't do anything abut a ground stop on the way out but the plane was 1.5 hours late getting to the gate with very little explanation. I didn't get an e-mail or text message as I have in the past, just walked down from the Skyclub 10 minutes before boarding to see a gate with no plane. The monitor didn't even show a delay until 10 minutes after our scheduled departure, and the plane still wasn't there. The problem was they said it was ground traffic and I just don't see how a plane can take 1.5 hours to get anywhere at LGA. I could very leisurely walk from one end of LGA to the other in 1.5 hours. Whatever... there were a lot of bad storms so delays were going to happen but it would have been nice to have a little more info while waiting. If my flight had shown delay when it was almost boarding time and no plane was at LGA, I would have stayed in the Skyclub.

rwoman likes this.
  5. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is my biggest complaint with DL. Their IT can handle when things are going right, but when things go wrong ..... For example: my plane from MIA-DTW that showed "boarding" for 5+ hours even though the plane wasn't even in the air to MIA yet!!

TravelerRob and rwoman like this.
  6. MalcoveMagnesia
    Original Member

MalcoveMagnesia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Rest assured nobody is actually reading individual responses. Everything is summed up and put onto some management type's desk as "average" and "means". This is just a way for some Delta bosses to get a general "how much does Delta suck and/or blow this month" feeling of the breeze.

For true issues, it still requires a "Talk to Us" or a good old fashioned snail mail letter.

TravelerRob, rwoman and USAF_Pride like this.
  7. BamaGirl
    Original Member

BamaGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I particularly like the part where if you didn't rate whatever category as 'excellent' to please explain why not :rolleyes:. My response is usually along the lines of 'doing the job required do not merit an excellent rating'.

8. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I get these surveys for at least one flight after each round trip (which is usually bought as 2 one-ways) ... kind of annoying after a while. At least throw me a few hundred skypesos for doing them.

mattsteg and rwoman like this.
  9. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, just about every trip gets at least 1 survey, sometimes even for flights I did not fly.

10. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    My 8-year old just got his first one.

11. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    I love these surveys. I begin them with statements like "Dear Marketing Company functionary, please pass this along to Jeff with his Wheaties this morning..."

12. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always check the monitors for the "at gate" indication that the aircraft is there, although if I'm walking near the assigned gate, I usually look for a plane out of habit.

13. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    Weird thing was, when I walked out of the Skyclub, the monitor beside the check in desk was blank. No flights at all showing.Not mine, not any others.

I was at gate 2 in LGA so barely a 1 minute walk from the club. I just went down and looked for myself. They told us the plane was on the ground but in traffic, meaning it's going to pull up any minute so I waited. It showed up 1.5 hour after it was scheduled to land.

14. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can't even remember the last time I got one. Certainly not after this Saturday's 2 hour mechanical delay.

15. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yet another OpUp, huh? :)

-RM

rwoman likes this.
  16. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm 2/16 on DL this year for TATL flights. ;)

17. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    And no survey for the 2.5 hour delay last Tuesday.