Delta Air Lines offers in-flight shopping on Amazon.com

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by sobore, Mar 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/news/2012/03/05/delta-offers-in-flight-shopping-amazon.html

Delta Air Lines passengers will now be able to shop on Amazon.com from 30,000 feet, using their laptops, smartphones and tablets.

The airline Monday announced a deal with Seattle-based Amazon that will give passengers on Delta and Delta Connection free access to Amazon.com and Amazonwireless.com through the Delta Connect Wi-Fi portal.

More than 160 million people fly on Delta each year, offering Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) a potential captive audience during flights. Terms of the deal were not announced.

http://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/news/2012/03/05/delta-offers-in-flight-shopping-amazon.html

autolycus likes this.
  2. chaz4449

chaz4449 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's a brilliant marketing strategy to make your commercial website one of the free ones available to a large, bored, electronic device armed captive audience.

autolycus and sobore like this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep:). Once the flight is over, you ask yourself "Why the hell did I just buy this?" "Was I that bored?"

chaz4449 likes this.
  4. Jeff the Wanderer

Jeff the Wanderer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I love buying stuff from amazon. If only I flew Delta more, then maybe I could order things with 1 day shipping and have them waiting when I get home from a trip. Great marketing move. I wonder if Delta would like to allow people to view my business pages for free too. Maybe I should send them an email.

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This was only announced Monday? I observed it during in flight GoGo wifi on Sunday. Strange timing!

6. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    Would be awesome if we could access our mp3 cloud or unbox/instant video list as well!