Delta Adds Disclaimer About Not Being Able To Book Award Stopovers Online

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    A couple of weeks ago, Delta's website suddenly stopped pricing stopovers on SkyMiles award tickets. While I wouldn't have been surprised if Delta eliminated free stopovers on roundtrip tickets with the 2015 SkyMiles program, it was a bit disappointing to see them make this change without any advance notice, let alone acknowledgment. A Delta spokesperson quickly clarified that there was no change to the stopover policy, but instead this was due to a change in IT at delta.com. He explained that award tickets with stopovers could now only be booked by phone. Reading between the lines, this seemed to suggest that Delta was preparing their IT for the 2015 SkyMiles program, and that this would mean the quiet death of stopovers on award tickets (which I think is sort of fair, since they're adding one-way awards in the process). My real issue wasn't the change as such, but rather the practical implications of the way it was executed -- Delta was knowingly charging customers the wrong prices online. Is it even legal for a company to knowingly charge customers the wrong price? The post Delta Adds Disclaimer About Not Being Able To Book Award Stopovers Online appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...