Delta 50K AMEX offer

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by Slow_Mustang, Aug 14, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    Currently there is an offer out there for 50K miles on this card. Does anyone have personal experience with the new policy from AMEX about not giving the bonus miles if you had the same card in the past? Do they go through your lifetime records or just past 18 months or 24 months etc.? I know what the conditions state, but what is actually being practiced on any of the AMEX cards as far as the bonus goes? Anyone?

Newscience likes this.
  2. moongoddess

moongoddess Silver Member

Status Points:
    Honestly, AmEx is very unpredictable when it comes to issuing bonuses to former cardholders. Some people get them, others do not, and there seems to be no pattern to who is denied. So if you'd only apply for the card if you were assured of getting the bonus, skip it. If you want the card for other reason, apply and if you do get the bonus consider it a nice extra.

Slow_Mustang likes this.
  3. royce242

royce242 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had their member rewards plain Gold card back in 2009. Got the bonus and cancelled it. Fast forward to 2014 and I just did it again. No problems.

I too have been accepted for the Delta card after having it about 2 years ago, again receiving the bonus and cancelling within a year. Once I receive it the second time, Ill be trying for the bonus again. Ill keep you guys updated on how it goes.

Slow_Mustang likes this.