Delta 50k/30k AMEX Gold offer

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Surface Interval, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Surface Interval
    Original Member

Surface Interval Silver Member

Status Points:
    Click on this link to get the "log in to get your special offer" page. Only you don't log in to your account. I have found an option to help get 50k instead of 30k that may take a bit of patience: Click on "not a member" It will take you to the offer page that will state 30k. Click on the personal offer. It MAY take you to a 50k offer. If it does not, clear your browser's history and try again. This did not work for me with IE or Chrome, but did with FireFox. Some over at FW have suggested that only FireFox seems to work with using method - sometimes requiring a 2nd try after clearing your history (also a 2nd time).

After much fiddling around, it worked for me!

Good luck.

2. For those of you that have PASS cards... I know SPG stopped awarding points, but what about these SkyPesos? ;)

3. wanderlust
    Original Member

wanderlust Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another reported option is calling in, 1-800-223-2670, and describing the offer details. I haven't tested this out myself however.

If you try to close and refresh method, I recommend using the "private browsing" features of Chrome, Firefox, or IE, so you don't have to clear the cookies everytime.

4. glu800

glu800 Silver Member

Status Points:
    if it says "our reconds indicate you have already applied for a delta skymiles credit card"... i'm guessing it means my old card is still in their system and I can't "churn" it yet? I canceled my skymiles AMEX almost a year ago...

5. Surface Interval
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That was one of the messages I got using IE - and I never had a Skymiles card! I did not get that using Chrome. My approval came after my second attempt with FireFox. I've seen other's state that private mode (eg: Chrome incognito) works just the same as clearing cookies. I had tried about a dozen ways before finally hitting the 50k roulette.

6. k2o
    Original Member

k2o Silver Member

Status Points:
    I really want the Biz with 50k. I missed the 45k Biz with a technicality :-(

7. Surface Interval
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Spin the wheel and let us know how you do!

8. k2o
    Original Member

k2o Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did the spin and the offer for Biz is 30k. I think I'll wait until something bigger comes along :)

9. telerese

telerese Active Member

Status Points:
    I got approval email for personal yesterday, had canceled a biz card just over a year ago, over two years since my last delta personal card. hope the full 50k miles is granted too and not the difference from what the bonus was on my previous card(s).

10. BondAir007
    Original Member

BondAir007 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder why this information is not either in American Express or Delta forum? [​IMG]

Since it is targeted both Delta and American Express.

11. Surface Interval
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Funny you should ask that. I mentioned this issue in the Beta questions/suggestions and recieved no useful response. Unfortunately, this will probably wind up like it is over at FT - if you want to know about new deals you have to spend much more time digging around as a Delta offer could be here, in the Delta forum, or in the Amex forum. Worse, if you are just interested in good deals - not really program specfic you have look pretty much everywhere. FWIW, the points guy just started a decent (albeit not complete) listing of top deals: www.thepointsguy.com Look for the tab in the upper left; "top deals"

12. BondAir007
    Original Member

BondAir007 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a feeling this was gonna be answered like it is over at FlyerTalk (FT). I was at the Los Angles(LA) MilePoint meeting along with about 18 other people. We did talk about programs, deals, and promos etc. Where it should be posted. Because of the problems over in FT and did not want to created the same problems. We even separated two groups to brainstorm ideas since the site is still in beta. I won't get into detail what was talked about. There was an general agreement to not to have the same mistakes on FT, regarding to posting information on MilePoint.

Regarding to the AMEX deal post and other posts. If the post has to deal with a name of a company example AMEX or whatever. In the future it might be posted in the AMEX forum. Since not everybody watches or reads every forum/threads. Once MilePoint goes Gold. [​IMG]

13. Surface Interval
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'm glad this is being discussed. Perhaps it comes down to properly schooling the moderators. Better yet, and the technology allows for it, should somebody enter a program specific deal in a general discussion forum it would automatically include a link in the appropriate place. The trouble with only relying on the moderators to move a topic is the lack of consistency – often resulting in multiple threads with the same content.

Please do not take this the wrong way; this very discussion brings up another topic: treads going off topic. Unfortunately it is the very nature of discussions to wander.

Any direction that can be offered is appreciated so that I can help to make this a better place.

14. telerese

telerese Active Member

Status Points:
    Some blogs now have a sidebar or bottom box of links to older threads with the same keywords, this could also be used for current threads with similiar topics but still in other forum categories. Just a way to see at a glance what other discussion are around on related or the same topic, without having to dig through each sub category every time out of the forum gate.