Delta’s Errant Currency Conversion – For Our Good

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

When you cancel a ticket with Delta, if it is not a refundable fare, they refund you the amount of the ticket minus the cost of the change. For domestic tickets, it is $200 while international tickets start at $300. Not a pleasant thing to deal with, but better than losing all of the value of the ticket! Background Well, that happened to me last year with a ticket. I had to cancel a ticket that began from a foreign airport and I had forgotten (in my haste), that foreign-originating flights do not qualify for Delta’s Risk-Free Cancellation policy. So, I had this unused ticket sitting in my account. The time came for me to use the ticket for some travel. Because I was looking for a ticket originating in Europe, the pricing from Delta came out in Euros (it displays the price in the currency of the originating airport but offers a currency calculator at the end to see the current rate they are using). I found the flight I wanted and... The post Delta’s Errant Currency Conversion – For Our Good appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...