Delhi Lounges - Lufthansa or Singapore

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by ClarkyBoy, Oct 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi All,
    2 questions:

1. Have a DEL-FRA-SFO tomorrow and as i've never been in the new business lounges there I wondered if anyone had a preference?
    2.- Do I have to be on a Singapore flight to use it as a Star Alliance Gold.

If #2 is no - i can just try both of them out - but thought I would ask for advise ;)

Thanks!

ClarkyBoy

mht_flyer likes this.
  2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the Singapore lounge there, if I recall a bit of a walk to get there but worth it. It's not that large though.

Just show your star gold card, you dont need to be flying Singapore.

3. snod08
    Original Member

snod08 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I usually just stick to the LH lounge.
    I would not go to great extents trying to lounge hop in BOM.

The LH business / star Gold and the First Class lounge - both have a few hot-food items; some cold stuff; some breads, alcohol, soft drinks. The first class lounge is a little less crowded as only FC pax are allowed.

The LH star gold / business class lounge can get real crowded around 8:30PM to midnight due to the bank of Star Alliance flights leaving in that time (NH, LH, LX, SQ, UA, TG.. to mention a few).

Sometimes these lounges are so crowded that I have sat outside the lounge with chairs provided by LH !!:eek:

4. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you all, i'll let you know my impression after tonight. 6 more hours to go ;)

5. IMRU

IMRU Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was in the SQ DEL lounge last week. Like most non-hub lounges it simply provides a comfortable place to wait away from the masses. Yes it has food, but its not as good as what you'd get at any of the vendors in the food court. If you go in with that expectation it's fine. If you go in thinking it's going to be fabulous, well, it's not. I agree with the prior posters, it's a HIKE from the gates.