Delayed Flight on AA out of JAC

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by MeeToo, Sep 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MeeToo

MeeToo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am trying to help a friend with options.
    JAC to DFW to SAT today 9/27/11:
    JAC Jackson
    Sep 27, 2011
    08:20 AM
    DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth
    Sep 27, 2011
    12:00 PM
    Economy
    Q
    24E, 24C, 24D

[​IMG]
    AMERICAN AIRLINES
    DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth
    Sep 27, 2011
    01:10 PM
    SAT San Antonio
    Sep 27, 2011
    02:15 PM
    Economy
    Q

Their flight (3 ppl) on AA out of JAC was delayed due to some "part" that is needed for the airplane. The part is being flown in from Chicago and the flight is delayed. There are no other flights avail on AA. They will miss their connection and the "only" avail flight out of DFW is 10:30 p.m.
    AA said they could "stand by" at DFW and see if they might get on another flight. Father is elderly, we are thinking of not waiting. Are there other options like asking AA to put them on another airline? Use AA miles to upgrade (for seat availability?) on other AA flights?

2. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    I would ask AA to rebook to another carrier (if available). I have never had any problems getting AA to be flexible in situations like this

FriendlySkies likes this.
  3. MeeToo

MeeToo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the reply. The airline actually did get them on another (earlier) connecting flight.

And side note: was this the right place to ask such a question? SInce the help needed was a bit urgent, I probably should've at least put "help" in the title, just to get attention. : )

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    There really isn't a specific area for these types of requests, but since they were on AA, the AA forum might have been a good spot for it. Lots of people there know the carrier and the system, and could have given you hints, tips, alternative routings, etc.

Glad it all worked out! :)