Definition of 'Kids stay free' and clarification

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by jaw_24, Jan 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

This has confused me for a while now.
    1. Does 'Kids stay free' mean that I can pack in up to 4 kids in any room, regardless of the persons per room limit listed on the room description? Or does it mean that I just don't pay any applicable extra adult fees but still have to stay in the ppr maximum?
    2. Does this policy apply to HIX as well? (I've seen some HIX hotel sites show it, didn't know if it is a general rule).
    3. Any differences outside of U.S.? I know European hotels are a bit more stingy about the ppr limits, where in the US I have no concerns bringing 2A + 3C to a 2 queen room.
  2. nacho

nacho Silver Member

I guess you can pack as many people as you like in a limited service hotel in the US.

We have 3 kids too and we normally check-in alone without the kids to avoid unnecessary trouble . For some reason I was certain that Hamburg Marriott was ok with 3 kids but then 'no'. They said for a fee of EUR 40 we can all stay in a 'larger' room, otherwise we need 2 rooms - it has 2 doubles in their regular rooms.

Outside the US, base on our experience kids can stay in their parents room if:

they are really young;
    there are enough beds for everyone;
    you don't tell them that you have kids with you and you smuggle them in.

In a HI in Berlin, they advertise kids stay free too. It means that all kids under 12 stay free but then for breakfast it's only free for kids under 6.

In Hong Kong I know someone stayed in a HIX with 2 kids without any issues - the kids are small though (4 and 6 yrs old).