Resolved dedicated Argentina Forum

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Gaucho, Mar 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello Randy... the destination travel forum that lumps together a huge amount of destinations is IMHO quite user un friendly because of all the threads.... would it be possible to request for Argentina and Brazil to get their own sub-forums...?

As seen by the experience on FT, both destinations do attract a good amount of visits and posts so perhaps this will help to keep the information better organized.

Cheers from Buenos Aires,
    Alex / Gaucho

Gargoyle, jbcarioca and doc like this.
  2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have I posted this in the correct forum or should I go to the Randy specific forum for this...?

Thanks,
    Alex

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I fully agree with Alex. We will have difficulty generating the interest we ned to without dedicated sub forum structure. The same is true for several European countries as well. There are enough of us now with specific country expertise that we can support questions for several countries.

That said I am eager for Argentina and Brazil.

Gaucho likes this.
  4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes... as I say above, Brazil also needs its own sub forum.... perhaps Randy has delegated this issue of handling petitions to someone else..??

Gargoyle and jbcarioca like this.
  5. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I think it's a good idea; Randy said that he want's to ride out the month of March and see how things shape up; and during that period focus on the back end functionality, making sure everything works right. I think he indicated that around the start of April they'd look at reorganizing forums, adding or subtracting or renaming, etc.

In the mean time, this is a good place to make suggestions.

Gaucho, Tim and jbcarioca like this.
  6. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Gargoyle is correct on this, yes. And while this is a good place to suggest new forums the best way to support the idea of the creation of a new forum is to discuss that topic in the forum that it best fits in now. :)

jbcarioca and Gargoyle like this.
  7. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Tim.... sorry, but just to make sure I understand your above post... you suggest we discuss the creation of this sub-forum in the current forum..?? How will those that need to know about this "request" know we want this...? If you have put this down on a "to review" list then I understand... else, Im not sure I follow what you mean.

Thanks for the clarification.
    Alex

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is what Tim told me too, a couple of weeks ago so I pulled my thread. the problem is that the current "Forum" is such a mishmash that it is difficult for anybody to see Argentina, Brazil or Chile content in a useful way. Interest cannot be easily generated if it must be posted in the open ether.

I am frustrated because of many posts that clearly tend not to be seen by interested parties. That is true of airlines, geography and special interests.

Thus, I think we need a better solution than guessing where to post blind content. I do not wish to be argumentative, or detract form our congenial environment, but "the natives are restless". just look at all the budding posts of discontent. In a significant way milepoint may be the victim of early success and very high expectations. Now we need to work to meet those expectations.

sgkis and Gaucho like this.
  9. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    My thoughts exactly..... amen !!!!

jbcarioca likes this.
  10. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tim, Please do not call this "answered" when it does not seem to be so to us!

Gaucho and Gargoyle like this.
  11. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Hey guys, I'll clarify a bit here. I don't mean to discourage you from suggesting and or making your case for what forums you think should be created here by my response above and doing so does carry some weight. That said another big thing that influences forum creation is existing conversation on a topic. So while we do welcome your suggestions here we also want to let you know about some of the things that will be considered other than the suggestion itself when we decide on adding a forum.

12. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    My thoughts exactly.

13. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tim... if you look at all the threads that jbcarioca and I have started, then you will get a clear picture of what we want to organize. Ours in not a case of just wanting the forums and nothing more... if MP needs more "proof" of content, then just go over to TOBB and see... its really quite simple.

ItsADryCold and jbcarioca like this.
  14. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll add my opinion here in favor of a separate sub-forum.

Gaucho and jbcarioca like this.
  15. ItsADryCold
    Original Member

ItsADryCold Silver Member

Status Points:
    When experienced professionals are willing to volunteer their time to create free content for a new commercial enterprise, the only reasonable responses are 'thank you' and 'what can we do to help'.

jbcarioca and Gaucho like this.
  16. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would have thought as much, but perhaps there are other priorities...?

jbcarioca likes this.
  17. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Clearly there are. But then they deem this question answered.