Declare your loyalty to Hyatt Gold Passport

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge, Feb 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    The 2012 Freddie Awards voting is now open and will recognize the best travel loyalty programs throughout the world.

Wherever you travel around the world, we hope the Hyatt Gold Passport program is a part of your journey and makes a difference in the time you spend with us. Declare Hyatt Gold Passport as your preferred program in this year's Freddie Awards. Cast your ballot by March 31, 2012.

Vote Now (hyperlink: http://vote.freddieawards.com)

Travelsavant, tin509, cennas and 3 others like this.
  2. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not to be negative, but no FFNs in 2011 has made me resolute that Hyatt won't make the top programs in my Freddie votes.

Carlson's 50k, and IHG PB's are a toss up for me at this point.

3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seeing the lack of great promos, lack of European locations, lack of better overnight rates when available and the lack of FFN! No, No thanks! Hyatt is NOT our number one!

cennas likes this.
  4. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    YES!

5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    To be fair, Hyatt hotels in many cities are beautiful (think Milano, Hamburg, Shanghai)- rates however can be very high or availability is very limited, and in a number of cities there is not a Hyatt option- or there is only 1 and it is dated (Vancouver- hello- the Regency has all the charm of a convention hotel [which it is]- surely there is space for an Andaz there?).
    How many hotels in the entire country of Brazil? Italy? Denmark? Sweden? Finland? UK excluding London? Bangkok only one hotel (which needs rennovations)? France? Sydney only Park Hyatt (often booked solid)? Argentina only B.A.? Emerging Markets (Jakarta, KL, S. Africa for 3)?

Combine this with a USA only credit card option, an FFN program which doesn't award stays at 700 EUR a night for a single room any more than a $49 USD Hyatt place, and although Hyatt has some beautiful hotels, the program is quite "meh".

uggboy likes this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually, in Argentina there is a Park Hyatt in Mendoza as well as B.A.

uggboy and icurhere2 like this.
  7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oops! Good point MSPeconomist. Thanks.

uggboy likes this.
  8. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I still vote Hyatt the best despite no having FFN and GP
    I love the how Hyatt treat their Diamond, get lots of suite upgrades

9. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    A couple of things to note here.

1. As karung99 says, I don't think anyone treats their elites as good as Hyatt does. One of the reasons I'll be voting for them.

2. While Hyatt may not have rolled out FFN, it's my belief that we should judge how they compare to other programs. With the recently announced SPG changes, Hyatt is still ahead in some significant areas. In others, SPG is just now making it up to their level. Is it really fair to penalize Hyatt because (in your view), Hyatt wasn't as far ahead of other programs as they used to be?

Maybe FFN is the only distinguishing factor for some. But, I believe there are a lot of other great reasons to be with Hyatt. I can think of 55,000 of them that I stand to gain after the current promo. :D

kimag, kenbo, cennas and 2 others like this.
  10. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm inclined to support Hyatt because of their generosity in granting Diamond status to SMD3 participants, including the four confirmed suite upgrade certificates and the assigning of private line agents to us upon request. I've been very pleased with the way I've been treated by Hyatt. I just wish they had a bigger footprint so I could stay in Hyatt family hotels more frequently.

Minnesota Bruin likes this.
  11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    None of the programs really excited me in 2011. One of the reasons why I am expecting to be a free agent this year. Actually, IHG's "Crack the Case" promo was probably the most lucrative for me -- does it count, as it spanned across 2010 and 2011?

Carlson's 50k promo was nice, but other than those two nights in a Radisson I have had no interaction with the program and I still have to use the 100k points earned between me and my wife. It was a good first impression, though.

I had a number of very nice stays at Hyatt properties last year where my Diamond status was quite useful. This makes me lean towards Hyatt if I end up voting at all (frankly... I am not a big fan of those travel awards for a variety of reasons).

I can understand that it makes you lean towards voting for them, but for me it's actually a negative as I am not a big fan of targeted promotions (especially if it doesn't target me, of course :D).

Toula likes this.
  12. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Congrats Hyatt on your help with MilePoint members in 2011, nothing but the best to you in this years Freddie Awards. You are a class act on MilePoint.

13. Minnesota Bruin
    Original Member

Minnesota Bruin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep, I 100% agree. I love the Hyatt properties I've stayed at because of the SMD3 promo. But I still find myself in Hiltons too often due to a lack of Hyatt properties.

At least, Hyatt Diamond is getting me Hilton Diamond for those nights! ;)

uggboy and Toula like this.
  14. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    In many respects, Hyatt does have the best program in terms of how it treats Elites. Still has some work to do: 1) letting us use suite certs on award stays, counting award stays and nights for Elite qualification. But their credit card, while relatively inexpensive in terms of annual fee, does not impose foreign exchange fee charges, which the SPG AmEx still does. Everyone’s promotions were not that great in 2011, but I still think that Hyatt’s been working on the leading edge of things. I do wish they had more presence around the world.

DCA1K, alohastephen and IDGflygirl like this.
  15. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    You have my vote.
    Hyatt Rocks!

:D

IDGflygirl, cennas and Randy Petersen like this.
  16. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got to test drive Hyatt as a diamond member as a result of the OWMD. Stayed at 4 properties and was treated well at all off them. I was impressed with the whole experience, beautiful rooms, courteous and friendly staff, clean, good food, excellent elite benefits, etc. They support a wonderful charity too.

17. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fortunately, there are multiple categories of voting. While I'm admittedly a Hyatt fan, I had completely different votes for "hotel promo of the year" versus "hotel program of the year".

18. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Their credit card is only available in one country and only in USD. This is quite a weak offering in my opinion.

Nothing in EUR? GBP? HKD?

Maybe Hyatt can win best American hotel program, however if this is a worldwide site and contest Hyatt is not a contender.

19. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I admit that using suite upgrade certificates on award stays is my biggest WANT from the Hyatt program. But, the confirmed upgrades still beat the pants off anything SPG offered in 2011. And, while I need to see the implementation of the new suite night benefit at SPG, I don't think it holds any real value for me. Confirming 5 days out is the same thing as waiting until check-in for me. So, I still think Hyatt has the best offering here.

20. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hyatt has my vote purely based on the always-excellent treatment I've received as a Diamond. That's what keeps me choosing to stay at a Hyatt over other chains, promotion or no promotion.

karung99 and kenbo like this.
  21. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with all of this. Despite a lack of lucrative promos in 2011, Hyatt has always been really consistent in their customer service and treatment of Diamonds. I've always felt that I was being taken care of. To me, that is the most important criteria.

TRAVELSIG, karung99 and cennas like this.
  22. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Applying the Suite Upgrade Certs on award stays will not happen - there has been some pushback from properties on this benefit - so it won't be expanded.

I don't think they are anxious to count award stays / nights for Elite qualification either - this would also be going back to the unofficial counting (if you had an incidental on the folio) back before 2006 (or 2005).

The way that I interpret SPG's "new" suite upgrades (with pre-confirmation of 10 nights per year for those with 50+ nights per year) is that "regular" Platinum Suite upgrades (at least in the US) will become virtually non-existant (this will be one more in their arsenal of excuses why you can't have a suite upgrade).

karung99 likes this.
  23. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I voted for Hyatt, regardless of the promo. If I could only wish one thing, is to maintain the level of treatment that us diamonds have been getting.

Hyatt, I have declared my loyalty to you. It's time for you to declare your loyalty to us and make it a mutual loving relationship ;)

karung99 and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  24. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, when 2 of the other major programs are allowing award and cash/points stays to count, and you value being at the lead of things....

As for your interpretation of what the new SPG suite certs mean, I was specifically told by SPG honchos that it was simply a question of how far in advance you’d know if you have a suite, at check-in (as is usually the case now, though some hotels do it in advance) or in advance of your arrival. We’ll see what happens in practice. Even before this policy shift, some hotels never gave me a suite without my asking about it.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  25. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed that Hyatt really does have great customer service.

Now if they could just open a few more locations (BTW good news on the PH Bangkok!).