Decent food at EWR

Discussion in 'EWR/LGA/JFK/ISP/HPN/SWF | NYC Area Airports' started by kwai, Sep 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    Rarer than a blue moon on New Years Eve is a departure from EWR for me. Is there anyplace to get a decent to-go meal prior to my UA long haul? Failing that is there any place decent to scarf a quick meal pre departure?

Kalboz likes this.
  2. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Smashburger, though the food is really salty, is ok. It's down by
    the high-numbered C gates.

viguera likes this.
  3. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree with the Smashburger call, I go there whenever I fly out of EWR. After security go left all the way to the high number C gates (121 and up IIRC) and its at the end of the way there close to the last gates on the right side in the middle island along with some other places.

4. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    What do you like to eat? I think there is half-way decent food but YTMV. (Your tastes may vary ;))

5. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    EWR may be my least favorite domestic airport. I usually fly Delta and the concourse seems to always under construction. Usually find myself at the sports bar. Can't remember the name though but I think it's the only one back there.

viguera likes this.
  6. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wound up going to smashburger and the fatty patty had some flavor (no doubt) but I'd likely pass on it in the future. The sweet potato fries stole the show though.

Ironically I didn't revisit this thread in time to see the smashburger rec and just wandered down there and saw it.