Debris, Bodies Found: AirAsia Indonesia Flight QZ8501

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Dec 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Debris found in the Karimata Strait has been confirmed to be the remains of the airplane which operated as AirAsia Indonesia flight QZ8501, which disappeared two days ago — and family members and friends reportedly responded in hysteria as they found out the official confirmation via graphic images and footage shown on live television. As of the time this article was posted, some bodies have been found and recovered; and there are no reports of any survivors. The experienced captain of the airplane had flown 20,537 flight hours in total — 6,100 flight hours with AirAsia Indonesia alone; and a request to change altitude during the flight due to inclement weather conditions in the area was reportedly denied by air traffic control, citing that another aircraft was in the vicinity. Until two days ago, the safety record of AirAsia and its affiliates and subsidiaries had reportedly been impeccable since it was founded in 1993. I myself have flown as a passenger on airplanes operated by AirAsia. I had no hassles or problems with baggage. The service was fine; the airplanes were clean; the flights departed on time; and the airfares were quite inexpensive. I would absolutely fly as a passenger on airplanes operated by AirAsia in the future if and when the opportunity presents itself. Here is the official statement from AirAsia from its official Facebook Internet web site... The post Debris, Bodies Found: AirAsia Indonesia Flight QZ8501 appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...