Dear UACO Corp : No more UA<->CO codeshares

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by meFIRST, Jan 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. meFIRST

meFIRST Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am not sure why this is even necessary anymore, but it would be nice if PMCO (from the their website continental.com) completely stopped booking UA flights as codeshares.

This causes unnecessary grief when trying to apply UA instruments, and often involves a call to the "integration team".

rwoman, JohnDeere19 and JLSocks like this.
  2. mherdeg
    Original Member

mherdeg Silver Member

Status Points:
    UA interments?!

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  3. meFIRST

meFIRST Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry typo. Really. I spent an hour of my own time trying to fix UA/CO IT problems.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  4. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    How did you go about fixing it?

ab3i and rwoman like this.
  5. meFIRST

meFIRST Silver Member

Status Points:
    Two separate calls to UA and CO.
    1 hour of my time.

I should send UA my bill.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  6. meFIRST

meFIRST Silver Member

Status Points:
    I should also add that the practice of booking UA flights as codeshares (on continental.com) also can screw up the UA UDU process. Though this is becoming less of a problem.

Since it the same company, about to operate on the same system, I see no point in booking UA flights on CO ticket stock as code shares.

JLSocks and JohnDeere19 like this.
  7. ab3i
    Original Member

ab3i Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am experiencing this every week on my DEN-EWR-DEN flights, quite annoying. The seat assignments on the return keep on getting messed up (UA-out/CO-in or CO-out/UA-in) as it uses the FF # based on the outbound flight. Nightmare on the return leg for UDU's and even seating (keeps on losing my seat assignment). I spoke to both UA and CO about it, and the CSR's just shrugged and said we really can't do anything. Oh well, i guess this will be the case until the accounts properly merge on their system and there is just one FF#.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  8. meFIRST

meFIRST Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is more perplexing, is that the booking UA flights as CO codeshares is really, no longer necessary.
    Annoying. I know it will go away eventually, but can you imagine the plight of the less sophisticated traveller?.
    I suppose such problems are solved at the airport.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  9. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suspect this is completely related to the fact that UA and CO, despite flying under a single operating certificate, still operate as separate airlines to a certain extent. The reservations systems are not yet merged (that's still over a month away) and dispatch for each subsidiaries flights is still handled separately.

Give it time. Once the reservations systems merge, which is targeted for early March, this practice will probably be gone.

For what it's worth, United.com still books Continental flights as codeshares as well.

10. Anglo Large Clawed Otter
    Original Member

Anglo Large Clawed Otter Gold Member

Status Points:
    How does BRG work if Orbitz offers flights that are half-CO, half-UA? Does that fall outside the T&Cs of BRG?

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  11. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe so.