Deals We Like - $50 for $100 Travelocity Hotel Gift Card

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Bloomspot, another one of the deal a day sites, is offering $100 Travelocity Gift Cards for $50. These have been offered many times in the past on various deal a day sites and are definately a great buy if you a) typically use travelocity to book your travel or b) know of a vacation you [...]
    ©Deals We Like, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...

2. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    The conditions are just TOO restrictive. So, I buy one card -- $50 outlay for $100 value. Now, if I have a need for a reservation that is at least 2-night, at least $250, for which the best value is to be found through their restricted website, I can use one, and only one, certificate. They bother saying that I have to use the whole cert and won't get cash back, but isn't that obvious if I can only apply one $100 cert to a $250 reservation? I guess they sell larger value certs that can also be used on $250 reservations?
    Unless I had already done the research and the math and was sure it would work out well for me, I would be unlikely to want to purchase such a certificate, even at a discount.