Dealing With A Disappointing Marathon

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 13, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

The Chicago Marathon was yesterday and it was a fantastic day for many runners. However, like all races, there are some runners who do not quite meet their goals for the race. Even worse than not meeting your goal is not meeting you goal at a race that you have traveled to. As one who has also disappointed in a marathon that I traveled to, I know how bad it feels. Hopefully, these tips for dealing with a disappointing marathon can help you get over a bad Chicago Marathon and move one (this list was taken from a previous post after my disappointing Dubai Marathon). Dealing With a Disappointing Destination Marathon A normal marathon training program takes between 16 – 20 weeks to accomplish. There are a lot of miles in those weeks! In my case, I covered 1,000 miles during my training program for the Dubai Marathon. Now, add the excitement of visiting a different city to run this marathon, and it becomes a very anticipated event! A lot goes... The post Dealing With A Disappointing Marathon appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...