Deaf Man Claims He Was Bullied By TSA Agents In Kentucky

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by sobore, Jul 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.inquisitr.com/273176/deaf-man-claims-he-was-bullied-by-tsa-agents-in-kentucky/

A young deaf man traveling through the Louisville, Kentucky airport claims to have been bullied and discriminated against by Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agents. The man who goes by the screen name “teaandtheatre” on his Tumblr blog. He wrote that the TSA agents called him a “fu**ing deafie” and took sealed candy he bought at the airport and ate the sweets after confiscating the sealed package, The Blaze reports. The TSA agents reportedly asked the deaf man if he would like to donate the candy to the USO, he agreed, only to see the allegedly laughing TSA agents eat his recent purchase.

The deaf man stated in his blog post that he was on his way home from the National Association for the Deaf’s biennial conference with friends when he was allegedly bullied by Kentucky TSA agents. The man claims the agents were laughing at the group which they assumed could not understand what they were saying. A female TSA agent allegedly made the profane comment while facing the deaf man, who easily read her lips. According to the blog post, the young deaf man later discovered that several other conference travelers had encountered the same type of discriminatory and unprofessional behavior by TSA agents at the Kentucky airport.

uggboy likes this.
  2. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    The original post containing this claim was removed after it started getting attention for anti-TSA-o-sphere. Not sure what that means, except that this allegation no longer exists.

While I'm sure that poorly behaving TSA agents do, in fact, exist, I have a little trouble with this story passing the smell test. The fact that is has been removed, presumably by the original poster, only heightens my suspicion.

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Whom shall I believe? The deaf man it is!

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Google Cache still has it.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...om/post/26846647001+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

One thing that seems weird is that on the one hand he somehow communicated with the TSA guys regarding the candy and on the other hand he said the female TSA thought he wouldn't understand her insult (reading lips).

Have airport security camera tapes been pulled?