DCA Connection Question

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Art234, Jun 24, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I haven't connected through DCA in years, but will do so next week. I'm arriving at 35A (which I believe is a remote gate), and leaving from 32 (AA) --with a one hour connection. Considering that I have to wait for my bag (CRJ) then go through security again, is this nuts? Do they have an expedited pre-check line for Term B at DCA? It'll be around 7:30AM.

Thanks in advance.

Newscience likes this.
  2. Andrew72681

Andrew72681 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes. Precheck is open early. Was through there at 5:45 this morning. You should be fine with the hour provided they don't delay the gate checked bags.

Newscience likes this.
  3. SawatdeeRuck

SawatdeeRuck Active Member

Status Points:
    When you exit up the escalators at gate 35A there is shuttle service to the middle pier gates (where AA is located) that operates from the gate directly across the concourse. No need to exit and re-enter sterile area.

iolaire and Newscience like this.
  4. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thanks all!

5. Horhay25

Horhay25 Silver Member

Status Points:
    DCA is the best and easiest in the world. Easy connections even if you decide to go outside of security. In B go to AAdmirals Club and have Johnny make you guys a Bloody Mary -- the best I've ever had!!! Still enjoying the 5 series?