DC Renewal year period

Discussion in 'bmi | Diamond Club' started by Lufthansa Flyer, Feb 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hoping someone can help me sort this out. I qualifed for Gold last yr, 28 november (last leg of flight that was gold qualifying. Actual gold card has expiration date of 1/2012. Online, it has my membership year ending on 11/28/2011. I assume the 11/28 to be the correct date. My question is what happens if I requalify for gold by September 2011? Does my year change to sept 2011-sept 2012? If thats the case it would probably be wise to renew as close as reasonable to the 11/28 so I dont keep shortening my membership yr. Is my logic accurate?

2. flospi
    Original Member

flospi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nope. 28th of November is the date when they recheck on your flown status miles. Otherwise they are kind of shortening your membership year, aren't they. Otherwise the rule that all status miles above 55000 will be added to your destination miles will mean nothing.
    And the date on the card is just in case... sometimes they send out the cards a bit after the renewal date.

3. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    thanks for confirming my suspicion. So its basically the date of your last status change then starts your accumulation year. I remember I turned DC silver in sept of 2010, and then gold on 11/28. Anywho, this makes all the sense in the world, thx.