Day Storage of Luggage at ORD AAdmirals Clubs?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Explore, Nov 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know there aren't lockers, but will AA personnel try to remove bags left in the cubbieholes around 9 am and picked up around 7 pm? I won't be able to schlep the bags during the day, and don't want to check them.

To clarify, I'm not asking for AA's official policy on the matter, but instead for first-hand accounts from folks that have successfully done something like this at any AAdmirals Club in the past decade.

2. HNL
    Original Member

HNL Gold Member

Status Points:
    There will not be a problem leaving your bags in the lockers around the club for the day

3. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not clear if you are talking about carry-ons or full size bags meant to be checked with the airline? The latter kind are usually not taken inside through security or seen at ACs. With carry-ons there should be no problem. Still, I would remove any valuable and take them with me in a small day pack.

4. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    A decade is a long time.

5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you HH member? I suggest you might be better off leaving your bag with the luggage storage guys at the ORD Hilton..safe and secure and they will even give you claim check
    Just remember to tip them a few bucks:)

IPBrian, wrxmom and ballardFlyer like this.
  6. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Brilliant. I am going to use this next time too!

7. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Postscript: I ended up using an "armoire" at the Admirals Club, after directly asking the AAgent on duty for advice. She said no one had lost anything from those closed but unsecured cabinets, so far as she knew. She indicated they had no means for tagging and holding bags behind the counter.

The ORD Hilton is a great second option, but not so desirable because of possible delays in picking up the bag and getting it through security just before flight time (plus the modest tip expected).