Day 9 - AA 30 yr Anniversary - $50 AA Gift Card Sweepstakes

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, Apr 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Please visit the sticky at the top of the forum for links and discussion on previous deals.

**The May 25 deal is yet to be determined. AA has stated the promo on this day will be user generated. Fans of AAdvantage on Facebook can suggest a promo and AA will select a winning entry. To suggest a promo, "Like" the AAdvantage page on Facebook and look on their wall for the postings soliciting input.**

Register for the promo here.

Book a flight, car rental, hotel stay or activity on AA.com by May 27, 2011, and be entered to win one of thirty prizes! Enter your AAdvantage® number and click Book Now to complete your one-time registration – then you’ll earn an entry for every booking made on AA.com, up to ten.

Or you could just register here with no purchase: https://sweeps.aa.com/sweeps/sweeps.cfm?s=166175

10 entries per AAdvantage number allowed.

PRIZES:

3. PRIZE DETAILS: Thirty (30) winners (“Winners”) will receive a $50 AA.com gift card and 3,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $107. Total ARV: $3,200. AAdvantage miles may be used for travel on American Airlines, its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle, Executive Airlines or the AmericanConnection®,carrier), oneworld® carriers or AAdvantage® participating airlines, or other awards available at AA.com/redeem. Terms and conditions that apply to the AA.com gift card can be found at www.aa.com/giftcards. AAdvantage miles in the form of a voucher and the $50 AA.com gift card will be mailed to the winner on or around June 30, 2011.

Terms & conditions available on the registration page.

2. noel
    Original Member

noel Silver Member

Status Points:
    At the very least, I'm liking the "no purchase necessary" option...

and actually the t&c say "There is a limit of a total of forty (40) entries per AAdvantage member."

3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Can you give a citation or location for that quote? I'm happy to correct the OP, but I don't see it.

I looked at the T&C again after your comment and clearly see this:

To Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes. There is a limit of ten (10) entries per AAdvantage member regardless of entry method. A combination of entry methods can be used, but the total number of entries cannot exceed ten (10).

4. noel
    Original Member

noel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oops. I was looking at the t&c for the entire promotion. You are completely right.

5. I did a promotion in the past where you were suppose to get a $25 gift card for every flight, car & hotel booked. Needless to say it never came.

6. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Sorry to hear that! Must have been a few years back, I haven't heard of a promotion like that recently. What kind of follow up did you do to track down your gift cards?