Day 14: AA 30 Yr Anniversary - 40% Off 2nd Night w/ Starwood; 1000 Bonus AA Miles

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, May 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Please visit the sticky at the top of the forum for links and discussion on previous deals.

Register for the promo here.

For every night you pay the regular rate, enjoy 40% off your next night plus earn 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles per stay. Valid at participating Sheraton® and Westin® Hotels and Resorts in the US, Canada, Caribbean and Latin America. Book now for stays through August 31, 2011.

Terms & Conditions:

Reservations must be booked online through this offer or through a Starwood Customer Contact Center. If making a reservation by phone, callers must mention ZBA.

Offer is valid at participating Sheraton and Westin hotels and resorts in the US, Canada, Caribbean and Latin America.

To earn AAdvantage miles in lieu of Starpoints®, recipient must participate in the Airline Direct Deposit portion of the Starwood Preferred Guest program. With Airline Direct Deposit, Starpoints earned from eligible hotel stays and select bonus offers will be converted automatically into AAdvantage miles, will be credited to your AAdvantage account and may not be transferred back to your SPG account. If recipient does not participate in Airline Direct Deposit, Starpoints will be earned in the Starwood Preferred Guest program.

Subject to availability at check-in for entire stay. Not offered when booked through a third-party channel.

By enrolling and activating this membership, you accept the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) program terms and conditions, which can be found at SPG.com and are subject to change without notice, and you opt to receive direct mail communications and to participate in the Airline Direct DepositSM program. You grant Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., the right to provide any relevant information regarding your SPG account to American Airlines to credit your account and for you to earn the applicable AAdvantage bonus miles. Offer is void for employees of Starwood Hotels & Resorts and American Airlines. AAdvantage bonus miles will be earned in increments of 1,000 AAdvantage miles after you stay at a participating Westin and Sheraton Hotels in North America and Latin America on the "Better Tomorrows – Save 40% on your next night" rate plan.

Nights must commence on or after May 5, 2011, and be completed by August 31, 2011, and you must present your SPG number at check-in to earn the AAdvantage bonus miles. Cannot be combined with other offers unless expressly stated. To update your communication preferences or to learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement at SPG.com or call 1-877-782-0071 to access our privacy information line. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.

sobore and gleff like this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Meh. This is the ongoing Starwood promo like I said before. Worse still it does include some nice properties, but some resorts and even hotels are not participating. You find out only when you go in to try to book and get an error that the code is invalid.

Oh well, better than nothing I suppose.

3. GenieFlyer

GenieFlyer Active Member

Status Points:
    Any idea if this fully pre-paid rate would earn stay credit? Also what happens with the Platinum Amenity of 500 starpoints? Does that get auto-converted to AA miles for such a stay?

4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    No idea if it would get credit but I suppose you can call and ask... my guess is that it won't, but I don't think they're auto-converting to AA miles. It's 1k miles regardless of whether you book 2 nights or 4, so it doesn't really make sense for some people IMO.

BTW when I checked you had to fully prepay to get the promo rate. Night 1 gets you night 2 at 40% off, night 3 gets you night 4 at 40% off, etc., but everything is due on the spot when you reserve.