Day 11: AA 30 yr Anniversary - 30 AA Miles Per $1 Spent w/ 1-800-FLOWERS/FTD/Teleflora

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, May 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Please visit the sticky at the top of the forum for links and discussion on previous deals.

Register for the promo here.

Mother’s Day is May 8th - send all the mothers in your life beautiful flowers! Find the perfect gift when you shop with 1800Flowers.com®, FTD or Teleflora. Earn 30 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent while celebrating Mother’s Day and the 30th Anniversary of the AAdvantage program.

1-800-FLOWERS Terms & Conditions:

*Exclusive of applicable service and shipping charges and taxes. Items may vary and are subject to availability, delivery rules and times. Items available online and by phone. Offers cannot be combined, are not available on all products and are subject to restrictions, limitations, and blackout periods. Prices and charges are subject to change without notice. Offer valid through 05/09/11. Void where prohibited. © 2011 1800Flowers.com, Inc.

FTD Terms & Conditions:

To earn American Airlines AAdvantage® miles you must order online at www.ftd.com/aadv30th or dial 1-800-SEND-FTD and mention promo code 28331. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer not valid at retail stores. Arrangement prices include delivery, but do not include service fee or tax. Offer expires 5/9/2011. Same day delivery available in most locations if order is placed before 2PM in recipient’s time zone. See website for more information.

AAdvantage miles are earned based upon completed sales (excluding cancellations) at standard published retail prices on FTD.COM website and 1-800-SEND-FTD only; tax, add-on products, and service charges or similar charges are excluded. AAdvantage miles are awarded based on the date the product is delivered not the date of placement of order. Please allow six to eight weeks for the AAdvantage miles to post to your AAdvantage account.

Teleflora Terms & Conditions:

This offer applies to product values of $29.99 or more. American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus mile offer good through 05/09/11. Offer excludes $14.99 service fee and tax. Prices subject to change without notice. Due to the perishable nature of our products, please make any customer service inquiries within 48 hours of delivery. Please allow 6-8 weeks after payment transaction for American Airlines AAdvantage® miles to post to your AAdvantage® account from Teleflora. Teleflora is a registered trademark of Teleflora LLC.

2. DesertRose
    Original Member

DesertRose Silver Member

Status Points:
    Am I missing something? How is this different from the 30 miles per dollar offers that are currently in force?

JohnDeere19 and 2soonold like this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    exactly.

Delta has 40 miles per dollar right now with the same vendors.

JohnDeere19 and 2soonold like this.
  4. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    And if you have a CO credit/debit card, you can get 50 miles/dollar.

viguera and 2soonold like this.
  5. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can see no deal here.

Wurm likes this.
  6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even worse their e-shopping portal still shows 11 miles per dollar for FTD

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/RetailerDetails.aspx?merchbrandid=709505742#

And 9 miles per dollar for 1-800-flowers.

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com...isible=false&salechannelid=2&searchtext=1-800

Now it'd be something if you could stack the "30 Days" promo with the shopping portal/toolbar, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. I have to admit that I was hoping this would be a better promo so I could put all my Mother's Day spend into AA, but right now it looks like other carriers are offering a better deal.

7. Kohoutek
    Original Member

Kohoutek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yawn...

Wurm likes this.
  8. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
  9. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    And DL has emailed me 3 times in the last 7 days reminding me of their offer, too.

10. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well at any rate, this promo (or lack thereof) reminded me that I need to place orders for mothers day :)

11. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    FYI, I used Delta's promo for the bigger purchases, but still decided to give this a try to see if it would stack with the toolbar/shopping mall miles.

I placed 3 orders of $39.99 and one for $54.99 at the 1-800-flowers site using IE with the AA toolbar installed and using AA's promo code.

My AAdvantage account was hit this morning with three 1,200 mile bonuses ($40 x 30) and one 1,650 mile bonus ($55 x 30). However, my eShopping Mall account still shows the transactions as pending at 9 miles per dollar (3 x 360 + 1 x 495).

No idea if I'm gonna get both bonuses but I guess it couldn't hurt.

12. lotso-bear
    Original Member

lotso-bear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting 1800flowers deal now if you need flowers and have an AMEX OPEN card.

-30 AA miles/$ link
    -$10 off $39.99 purchase through AMEX offers (mine showed up on My Offers on my AMEX online account; comes from the same "pool" of AX link, twitter, facebook deals)
    -5% credit for OPEN savings
    -standard credit card earn (SPG AMEX for me)