Day 10 - AA 30 yr Anniversary - Energy Plus 6500 AA Miles Bonus; 3 Miles/$1

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, Apr 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Please visit the sticky at the top of the forum for links and discussion on previous deals.

**The May 25 deal is yet to be determined. AA has stated the promo on this day will be user generated. Fans of AAdvantage on Facebook can suggest a promo and AA will select a winning entry. To suggest a promo, "Like" the AAdvantage page on Facebook and look on their wall for the postings soliciting input.**

Register for the promo here.

Enroll with Energy Plus® and receive our limited-time AAdvantage® program 30th anniversary offer. You’ll earn 6,500 bonus miles (that’s 30% more than our standard bonus) plus 3 miles for every $1 you spend on the supply portion of your electric bill.

Terms & Conditions:

Offer valid 4/29/11 – 6/30/11. American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles will be awarded to AAdvantage members after the close of the second billing cycle. Members will earn 3 AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent on the supply portion of the monthly bill. Your local utility company will continue to deliver your electricity. Promotional mileage and bonus offer only available to new Energy Plus customers. Energy Plus reserves the right to discontinue or modify the program and other special offers cannot be combined with this offer. Offer not valid for government entities. Additional terms and conditions apply. Please allow 8-12 weeks for miles earned to post to your AAdvantage account.

2. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    well if you were planning on doing this then it's a nice bonus I suppose. 6,500 miles plus 3 miles per dollar spent can get serious depending on what you spend.

4. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    When you go to register at Energy Plus, you can only register if you live in Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, or Texas.

Looks like everyone else gets left out on this one

5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I have to wonder about the cohesion of AA's marketing efforts. I got an offer for Energy Plus 3 weeks ago in the mail. Perhaps it was just Energy Plus trying to get a hook in me before this promo without having to fork over too many AA miles. I suspect it's just disjointed teams though.

7. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nah it's probably just AA trying to make it seem like a nicer promotion than it is. Like I said, some of the promos like the FTD and Starwood ones had already been around, but now they're "a big deal" as part of the 30 days thing.

8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes but this one is at least "reimagined" with the 30% bonus and 3 mile/$1 rate.

9. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points: