Date Night Getaway Hotel : Boston

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Destinations' started by Muerl, Feb 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Its strange to be looking into advice for hotels in my city. With my mother being in town for the weekend, and offering to take the baby, I am looking for a nice hotel for some pampering and relaxing for a saturday night

Definitely going to be an award stay. I have SPG, HHonors. and IHG points to burn.
    If someone makes a compelling case for Hyatt I could be convinced to transfer UR points.

Hilton CC Diamond and IHG CC Platinum. No status otherwise.

If this were a random city I knew nothing about I would lean to the Hilton Back Bay or Downtown, based on an expectation or at least hope, for kind service free breakfast, executive lounge and free drinks.

Now, I know this is Boston, where free drinks make Dukakis cry, and on top of that the SPG properties are both given what I know about them have more interesting restaurants and better locations.

So I think my big options are the following:

Hilton:
    Hilton Back Bay - Have heard its ... okay. Fairly good location though touristy.
    Hilton Downtown - Good Review, not the greatest location. Good Upgrade options I am sure.
    Doubletree China Town / Theater - Not sure how I feel.

IHG:
    IC Boston - On the water, but also next to the FiDo so good upgrade chance on a weekend I hope? Close to a number of restaurants.

SPG Options:
    Liberty Hotel - Fits the Fancy Bill. Also has Alibi and Clink for drinks and food.
    W Boston - Very good restaurant on site, have heard VERY good things about the spa. No 'Basic' Rooms :(
    Westin Boston Waterfront - On water. Very close to a number of good restaurants.
    Westin Copley Sq - Everything I said about the Hilton Back Bay Applies here.

Hyatt?
    The Hyatt regency has a decent location, but I hesitate to send over UR points.

If anyone has any suggestions I am happy to hear them. I will respond with what we do decide eventually as well.