Data point: actual CPU clearance at 1K window...

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by redtailshark, Dec 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    For the second time this year I have an UG that cleared at the 1K window.... IAH to EWR on Sat. On a 320, even. Under the new regime, this type of event is newsworthy. But there is no chance of the other sectors on this itin clearing. I am about to enter a period of classic sharkfrenzy flying, 50k BIS or more this coming month. About 3/4 of it on UA. We will see how well it all works...

8MiHi likes this.
  2. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have CPUs clear at the 96 hour mark quite regularly. I'm not sure it's newsworthy, but I'm happy for you that you got it!

Have fun on the 50K BIS in January. Hard on the back, but for travel enthusiasts like us, it's pretty cool to travel that much in a small time frame :)

3. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good luck with the frenzy. I'm all over the map with CPU's clearing. More at the 96 Hr. than last second and @ 85% overall.

8MiHi and Garp74 like this.
  4. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    My rate is well below 85% this year. Below 50%, in fact. The posters on this thread report more success, but I know I'm not the only one who feels the effects of the TOD/FCM regime.

5. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    For January-August, as a 1K I cleared about 55% on upgraded eligible flights. Maybe 40% of those at the window.

In September I switched to DL. As a Platinum there I've been upgraded about 60% of the time, and more than half of those at their window for Platinums.

6. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe my success rate might be due to flexibility in arranging FLT's. I can review seating prior to making decisions and the 85% shows that the method is not perfect.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  7. mre5765

mre5765 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think I had an upgrade clear at 96h all year. Usually at 24h or before I get to the airport, if at all.