Dallas/Fort Worth airport will ship your gifts for free

Discussion in 'DFW/DAL | Dallas Area Airports' started by sobore, Nov 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/todayinthesky/2013/11/29/dallas-fort-worth-airport-free-shipping-gifts/3781941/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: TP-TodayInTheSky (USATODAY - Today In the Sky)

Many airports host gift-wrapping stations during the holiday travel season to encourage and help out travelers doing some last-minute shopping on the fly.

But this year Dallas/Fort Worth International is upping the ante and not just wrapping gifts purchased at the airport; it's offering to ship gifts purchased at the airport for free.
    "Our marketing staff was doing research into what customers were interested in," said airport spokesman David Magaña, "And while free shipping wasn't a big request from leisure travelers, it was on the part of the business travelers, who make up most of our customer base. We took it to our retailers and 90% said they were in."

Launched Nov. 22, the "You Shop, We Ship" program is in effect through Dec. 24, and is available to travelers who purchase an item valued at $50, $75, $100 or more, depending on the concessionaire.

Read More: http://www.usatoday.com/story/todayinthesky/2013/11/29/dallas-fort-worth-airport-free-shipping-gifts/3781941/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: TP-TodayInTheSky (USATODAY - Today In the Sky)

Newscience and zphelj like this.
  2. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow, this seems like a great idea to me.

Newscience likes this.
  3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:

Thanks for posting this article, sobore! Yes, it's a great idea, and an innovative service provided by DFW to busy travelers! :)

I'd just caveat that with the number of times that I've been able to buy something at an airport concession store, and truly save money. It's a very small number. I keep remembering that bottle of an Aussie red wine that I bought for ~$25 "on sale" at a well-represented wine merchant in an airport, only to learn that I could have bought the same wine down the street for ~$10! :rolleyes: