Daily Getaways

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by knvinvest, Apr 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. knvinvest

knvinvest Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm fairly new to the hotel reward programs and I'm signed up for SPG and HHonors reward programs. I've stayed at both the Hilton and Westin (SPG) hotels and like both of them. I think they're comparable, but some out there may feel the SPG portfolio of hotels are a little more upscale than the Hiltons.

With that, I saw this on Daily Getaways, sponsored by AMEX and U.S Travel. Can someone tell me if this is a good deal? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/OfferDetails.aspx?pid=2f1c444d-43c1-47af-a894-9fbdf3473d9a

Kalboz likes this.
  2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Some of us value Hilton points at a half cent each -- take a look at what they're charging and do the math.

Or look up a few places you want to stay at, see what the best rate you can get with points and by just paying for it...

Then remember that if you stay somewhere on points, your stay will count towards elite status, but it won't earn any points or bonus points etc.

Hint, at the price quoted they won't be selling me anything. <lol>

DTWBOB.

knvinvest and SC Flier like this.
  3. PointsCashMiles

PointsCashMiles Silver Member

Status Points:
    While I won't be buying any Hhonors points from this offer, I do think it could make since. Back at New Years I used 50k points per night to stay at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC at the time I booked the lowest non-prepaid rate was $550 before taxes. That said, I'd recommend only buying points here if you have a specific need. I find that Hilton points are generally pretty easy to come by.