Daily Getaway Deal

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by YOURGLOCKMAN, Apr 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. YOURGLOCKMAN

YOURGLOCKMAN Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did anyone get in on the Daily Getaway Deal today? You could buy a limited number of either 100,000, 150,000, or 250,000 points for a price from $550 to $1,300.
    If you used the American Express card, you saved an additional 10%. As I expected, with the limited number, less than 100, I was locked out of the deal when it opened. I kept clicking all 3 offers, but none were available, so they said. Surprisingly, 6 minutes after the deal opened, I clicked on the 250,000 and it went to the checkout screen.
    Supposedly, the points will hit my HH account in 2-4 weeks.
    I did some rough calculations for Hilton's here in Houston, and that deal will save me between 15% and 62%. That is based on using points plus cash at the hotels that allow it. The points ended up costing .004946 per point, less than 1/2 cent per point. Plus, I don't have to spend $80,000 on my Surpass card to get similar number of points.

KOA and perryplatypus like this.
  2. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wanted but did not get the 250K offer, and I only got in on the 150K offer. It took a lot of clicks until a buy offer appeared. The process was a lot better last year as one could register and create an account which made the process faster and simpler.

KOA likes this.
  3. KOA

KOA Silver Member

Status Points:
    newbie here...where do you bid? Is it available everyday?
    thanks in advance :)

4. kdw038

kdw038 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can only buy what is offered. However, i think Hilton points are back next Wednesday?

5. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did your calc. use deep discount rates for the amount you would pay for your stay and did you include the points you won't earn because using points?

Depending on how you stack the promos, that can be a big NUMBER <lol>

DTWBOB

6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's US only!:(

7. Jason
    Original Member

Jason Silver Member

Status Points:
    If OP is using cash plus points to book rooms, he'll still earn points, right? Just not as many, since they're based on dollars spent...

8. YOURGLOCKMAN

YOURGLOCKMAN Silver Member

Status Points:
    I looked at the areas I stay in on a regular basis. Using the points/cash offers, I found those to be the best percentage. One hotel offered a rate of $299 or 15,000 points and $50. And that was a normal weekday offer, not a special weekend offer. The weekend offers are even better, and since I do most of the gun show circuits on the weekends, it will work out even better.Considering the points cost me .0049 each, that equals $73 plus $50 cash or $123 for a $299 advertised rate. I'll gladly use those points for hotels like this.
    I don't really consider the lost points because I do get credit,for the stay, and to me, the stay credit is more important than the points. I'll reach Diamond in June based on stays, not nights. And ironically, the Surpass card gives me Diamond status with $40,000 charges, which should also be sometime around June or July. I realize these points mean different things to different people, and your mileage may vary. But for my use, I'm happy with the 250,000 for the price I paid.

9. view
    Original Member

view Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, cash and points stays do not earn points. Except possibly for incidentals. You only get stay credit.

10. Jason
    Original Member

Jason Silver Member

Status Points:
    FYI, I just used points and cash for a one night stay at the Conrad Hong Kong ($85 + 25,000 points). It came to $116 after all taxes, didn't have any incidentals Not only did I receive the 116 base points (plus night and stay credit), but a 50% Double Dip bonus (58) 50% Diamond bonus (58), 232 Triple Points 3rd Quarter promotion (232), 500 points Amex online booking bonus, and 1,000 point Diamond My Way bonus.

So that was 1,964 total points for my cash and points stay.

2soonold and Kalboz like this.
  11. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here were mine for a three-night stay (and I got night and stay credit too and paid the same rate as Jason). I did have one meal, cost around $70.

MYWAY PREFERENCES BONUS OPTION - Conrad Hong Kong 1,000
    Base Points - Conrad Hong Kong 628
    2012 Q2 DOUBLE YOUR HHONORS - DBL PTS - Conrad Hong Kong 628
    AMEX CO BRAND ONLINE BOOKING BONUS - Conrad Hong Kong 500
    50% BONUS ON BASE POINTS - Conrad Hong Kong 314
    GOLD VIP BONUS - 25% 2012 - Conrad Hong Kong 157

1000 + 500 + 628 + 628 + 314 + 157 = 3227 (plus my forthcoming Amex Surpass card bonus)

Note: this was in Q2 not Q3.