Daily acknowledgement of schedule change required! (Computer bug)

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by trobb49, Dec 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. trobb49

trobb49 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I suppose this is a harmless glitch, but... when I view my itinerary, there is a notice at the top saying "There has been a schedule change to your reservation. Please see the change in red in your flight details." Well, there was a change the first time I saw this, and I do like the 'new' way of acknowledging the change -- you just click "continue" rather than having to call up an agent -- BUT even if you click 'Continue' when you view the itinerary the following day, the announcement is back, but minus the changes in red! Just a bug I suppose, but one which probably helps to tie up the phone lines. acknowledge-change.png

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd call in and ask the agent to verify that the system properly recognizes that you've accepted the change. I haven't had the problem like that ever when my flights have changes.

trobb49 likes this.
  3. trobb49

trobb49 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I discovered the reason why I keep getting the "Acknowledge Schedule Change": The fact that you acknowledged the change doesn't seem to be stored in your UA record, but rather as a 'cookie' in your browser. Since I regularly use three different browsers on 5 different computers, the query kept popping up. When I look up the same itinerary on the same computer with the same browser, I don't get it again!