Dad's Tweet Gets Family Kicked Off Southwest Airlines Flight

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by Newscience, Jul 25, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dad's Tweet Gets Family Kicked Off Southwest Airlines Flight

While discussions on Milepoint have indicated how tweeting an airline from the airport will sometimes get you what you want, here's a story of how a dad angrily "tweeting" got he and his family kicked off a WN flight. He was able to reboard, but only after deleting the offending "tweet"!

See:

http://www.people.com/article/dad-tweets-bounced-off-southwest-airlines

ACMM, vickers, uggboy and 1 other person like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tweeter Friendly.

Sammich, WilliamQ and Newscience like this.
  3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    officer_friendly211.gif

Sammich and uggboy like this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Newscience likes this.
  5. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting comment taken from the source article:

"Here's Southwest's boarding policy: "An adult traveling with a child four years old or younger may board during Family Boarding, which occurs after the “A” group has boarded and before the “B” group begins boarding. Those holding an “A” boarding pass and traveling with small children should still board with the “A” boarding group. If a child four years old or younger is holding a “B” boarding pass, the child and accompanying adult traveler may board during Family Boarding (between groups “A” and “B”)."
    Key words "a child four years old or younger". Even though Watson may be an "A" group member, his children are 9 and 6 years old. The gate agent was correct.
    Just because perhaps on other trips gate agents may have occasionally made an exception to SW rules (likely due to less passengers boarding) and allowed Watson's children A boarding priority, apparently Watson has come to view priority boarding for not only himself but for his entire family,without paying for it as an entitlement. Jerk."

uggboy and Newscience like this.
  6. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    And the picture is not flattering on the webpage. He looks like a douche who would say "Do you know who i am?!?!?!"

Its funny. when I first started reading, the comments were negative Southwest.... But the further down I got, people dont like Duff. lol

Newscience and uggboy like this.
  7. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a good one too:

"This is why I both love and hate the internet age. People don't act like grown ups anymore and speak to a supervisor or ask to speak to someone. No they run to their phones like whiny babies and post stuff including employee's information to claim about how they are a victim and its not in anyway their fault or their attitude its all the other person fault. But you won't get that side of the story of course because the other person, usually the employee, was not spoken to or notified by the so called "victim" that they had done something wrong or someone felt they were rude. Man up or woman up in ladies cases and stop running to the media everytime you have problem saying "I'm going to complain on social media and no one will ever use this company again till I get my way!". Obviously I wasn't there and maybe they were rude or wronged him but his attitude of "I'm an A lister flyer" so give me what I want turns me off and makes me think there is way more to this story.But again you don't see that because instead of being a man about he runs to social media and whines like a toddler who didn't get what they want. If he was so concerned about his kids preboarding he should have paid for them to have the A level to and board early not waited till he got to the gate then attack the employees just doing their jobs over it. If I have a problem in a store or a business I speak to someone if I can't speak to someone I call or email head office about the issue till I get a response. I don't run to my Facebook or my twitter and shoot my mouth off."

Ok, im done. lol

8. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Compliance, is the issue.

Better on the ground than up,in the air...

Up there the first steep off is a big one...

I would not have pushed the issue, even on AA,

Newscience likes this.