D-Link wi-fi/usb gizmo

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by FlyingBear, Jan 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting gadget coming out in April from D-Link that might be of interest to some people:

INTERNATIONAL CES, LAS VEGAS – Jan. 10, 2012 – D-Link today unveiled an innovative new product every traveling tablet and smartphone owner needs – the D-Link® All-in-One Mobile Companion (DIR-505). In addition to offering instant wireless access wherever an existing network is available, the new portable device also features USB sharing capabilities, enabling users to share videos, music and photos from an external hard drive or thumb drive to any iPad®, iPhone® or Android™ device. For added convenience, the All-in-One Mobile Companion allows users to sync files and charge smartphones, offering the ultimate set of features for home or on-the-go convenience.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/10/d-link-all-in-one-mobile-companion/#continued

TAHKUCT likes this.
  2. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    yeah, this thing looks awesome. Hits all the right buttons, can't wait till it comes out. Although, rumor is that there is a new Apple AE coming out too.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks great. I wil be buying when released...

4. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone have experience with the D-Link DIR-505?

I have one and have used on two trips. My first it worked flawlessly, the second Ive had problems with disconnects from the hotel wired connection. I have to run the setup wizard without making any changes and it reconnects. Not sure if this is hotel or DIR-505 related.

Thanks!