Cyber Attack on an Account I Have Not Had in Years?!?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Mar 29, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

I recently received a letter via postal mail from some company of which I have never heard named Anthem, Incorporated which “discovered that cyber attackers executed a sophisticated attack to gain unauthorized access to Anthem’s IT system and obtained personal information relating to consumers who were or currently covered by Anthem of other independent” health care “plans that work with Anthem.” Sophisticated? Such as what Marriott calls the AC Hotel Coslada Aeropuerto in Madrid of which I posted a review? Am I supposed to be impressed? Am I supposed to think that because the attack was “sophisticated” that I should think to myself “Well, it was sophisticated, so I will give the company I never heard of a break; because if the attack was not sophisticated, then I would be angry.” Guess what? I am angry anyway. One of the companies with which I once had a health insurance policy is apparently under the Anthem umbrella; but I had not been a customer in years. Great. I did not have to do anything — even have an account for years — and I may still have been subjected to a cyber attack. According to that letter... The post Cyber Attack on an Account I Have Not Had in Years?!? appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...