CX needs to stop giving away MPC Gold

Discussion in 'Cathay Pacific | Asia Miles/Marco Polo Club' started by dex2268, Feb 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Isn't anyone else bothered by this trend? I am a MPC gold card holder and I need to fly 4RT LAX-HKG a year to maintain status.

It is unfair that platinum holders in Singapore and elsewhere can get the MPC gold... This almost devalues the program enough for me to switch to AAdvantage. I could achieve EXP much easier than diamond on CX.

Any thoughts?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does CX offer any zero sum benefits such as free upgrades to elites? If not, there's no harm done to you if CX wants to call lots more people elite. Even otherwise, if the fake elites don't travel much on CX, they have little affect. I understand that you're annoyed because you must do more to maintain your own elite status, but it can be helpful to distinguish this versus the actual impact on you.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  3. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    luckily you understood what this thread meant because I dont have a clue what it meant.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    OP earns CX elite status by flying while others get it for free from a credit card, in this complaint AmEx Plat for residents of Singapore. OP is concerned/upset/mad/angry/unhappy/all of the above.

5. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thats what I thought he meant since I also have to fly to get status since MP dont have any CC promo for US citizen, I guess singapore promo is more of an xcption than rule

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    You win some, you lose some. HHonors gave me gold for four nights (stays?) after registering a Signature VISA card. Hyatt gave everyone on those megados Diamond status (I had to earn my status the hard way). SPG gave my wife Gold status for ... being a member of the Skymiles program (not even elite!). Companies target different people with different benefits/offers. I don't particularly like it (especially when I am not targeted/benefitting), but it is what it is.

TRYING2BPLAT likes this.