CX Flight Availability

Discussion in 'ExpertFlyer' started by chinesescouser, Sep 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. chinesescouser

chinesescouser Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi guys:

I'm looking for fares with the Flight Availability functionality and specifically looking for availability on CX from HKG - SIN. I'm finding that the results that come back do not reflect the true availability. For example, I've searched on CX specifically and they have located V fare, however on Expertflyer (Ef) they show V0. I've even checked different price points, i.e. Economy Special (L fare code) and Ef shows L0 as well.

Ideally I want to create an alert for other fare codes, however as I'm looking at it now, that may just not open up. Is this just something that I have to deal with?

Thanks!

2. ExpertFlyer Voice

ExpertFlyer Voice Z Representative

Status Points:
    There could be several factors at play. First could be point of sale, which is USA by default. Did you try changing to the UK POS? Also it could be married segment logic, are you doing the same exact search either with a connecting city or without? Third if there is a connection then CX could be using a constructed fare (ie a combination of a A<->B and a B<->C fare vs a A<->C fare). If you need further help please email us with specifics.

3. chinesescouser

chinesescouser Active Member

Status Points:
    I was using the HKG site to search for the flight. I have tried switching to the UK and US sites for the searches on CX. For such a short flight, I've only searched for direct flights on both CX's site and EF.